Almost every online casino will have online blackjack, many will even contain multiple versions of the game.
Playing blackjack is a lot of fun and can be very profitable, but there are some basic things you should know. Here are five strategic tips to help you gain the advantage.
5 BASIC TIPS
- Always hit a soft 17 – a soft 17 is an ace and a 6. If you get a ten then you will still have 17 but you might get a 2, 3, or 4 and need just 1 more 10 card for a far stronger hand that will have a good opportunity of beating the dealer and winning.
- Split aces and 8s – if you are dealt a pair of aces or a pair of 8s, be sure to split them and play two separate hands. In this case the ace is always a good card to start with since you might get a ten and win outright, or another high combination that will be hard for the dealer to beat. Also with the 8, if you get an ace or a ten you will have a very strong hand.
- Double down when you are dealt 11 – when you are dealt 11 the chances of getting a ten and 21 or even a high card like an 8 or 9, are pretty good, which would then give you a strong or even a winning hand. So remember to always double down when you get 11.
- Always stand on a hard 17 or above – in this case if you take another card the chances of going bust are far too great to justify the risk of bettering your hand.
- Remember to take breaks – it is always a good idea to get up from time to time and stretch and maybe have something to eat or drink. Don’t overdo it.